Tablets, like all forms of technology, are only useful if they can do at least one of two things:
- Do something faster than would otherwise be possible and/or
- Enhance the experiences of both teaching and learning
CETSS has decided to become a tablet school for the following reasons:
- To give students greater control over their learning and thus to make learning more enjoyable
- To enable meaningful differentiation and collaborative learning, both within and between Educate Together schools.
- To facilitate a move away from textbooks which limit learning
- To enable the use of alternative assessment tools
- To give students constant access to online tools and information
- To prepare students for digital workplaces
- To give students requisite transferable skills for third level education
- To teach students how to manage themselves online, in an era of new and enhanced risk
We have decided to collaborate with Wriggle http://www.wriggle.ie/ on the provision of devices for students.
3-D prints created on our Ipads and printed on the Ultimaker 3-D printer